A public view, or view, is a grouping of specific rooms that you configure. You use views to organize rooms within one building or across multiple buildings in a manner that makes sense for your organization. For example, you might create a view that includes only the training rooms across all your locations, or you might create a view to manage heavily used conference rooms within a building. A room can be part of multiple views. A user can select a view for changing the information that is displayed in the Reservation Book or for searching for rooms in the Reservation Wizard. A view can also be useful for running reports.
- On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Facilities > Public Views.
The Public Views window opens. This window lists all the views that are configured in your EMS database.
- Click New.
The View dialog opens.
- In Notes, enter information about the view.
If you want EMS Web App users to have read-only access to the view, select Available to Everyday Users.
- In Description, enter a description (maximum 50 characters, including spaces).
- If you want EMS Web App users to have read-only access to the view, select Available to Everyday Users.
- Open the Rooms tab.
- Enter any combination of the following search criteria:
- In Building, select one of the following—(all) buildings, a specific building, a specific area, or a specific view. If a building, area, or view is not listed, you can configure it. See Configuring Buildings, Configuring Areas, or Configuring Public Views.
- In Room Type, select a specific room type. If a room type is not listed, you can configure it.
- On the Available list, select the room (Ctrl-click to select multiple rooms) you want included in the view, and then Move (>) to the Selected list.
Click Spelling to spell check the view description before you save the view.
- Click OK.