Web text is custom help text or policies and procedures for your organization to display on various pages in EMS Web App and EMS Kiosk App. As the EMS Administrator, you can configure this web text in EMS. If you are assigned to an Everyday User security template with web administrator access, you can configure it directly in the EMS Web App.
See Also: Configure Help Text in the EMS Web App
To configure web text:
- On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Web > Web Text.
The Web Text window opens. This window lists the name or description for all types of web text that is currently in use in your EMS Web App and EMS Kiosk installations and the EMS Web App or EMS Kiosk page on which it appears.
To show only a specific type of web text, in Type, select a type.
To view all web text, whether in use or not, click Obsolete. Obsolete web text is displayed in red and italics in the Web Text window.
- Select the web text that you are configuring, and then click Edit.
The Web Text dialog opens.
- On the Web Text tab, configure the web text.
- Design is selected by default. Use the standard Windows plain text formatting options to format the message (spacing, number of lines, capitalization, and so on) to display it the way that you want in the web text.
- Select HTML and enter the HTML code to format the message (spacing, number of lines, capitalization, and so on) so that it is displayed the way that you want in the web text.
- If web templates have translations defined, then open the Translations tab. For each translation, click in the Text field, and enter the translation for the web text item.
- Click OK.