When planning your upgrade to the EMS Desktop Client V44.1, be sure to take the following changes in functionality into consideration.
Everyday User Process Template Configuration
After you upgrade your system, all everyday user process templates will be set to Enabled for Web Application. This means that these templates will be potentially available to everyday users of the EMS Web App (under the Create a Reservation menu). If you would prefer that a template is only available to users of EMS for Outlook and/or EMS Mobile App, you must disable the setting Enabled for Web Application under the process template's configuration (Configuration > Everyday User Applications > Everyday User Process Templates > Edit the template > Process Template tab).
The following process template settings will also persist after upgrade:
- Allow Invitations = Enable Integration to Microsoft Exchange
- Outlook = Enable EMS for Outlook
- Enable for Mobile Device = Enable for EMS Mobile App.
Everyday User Web Menu Changes
- After you upgrade, all everyday user process templates will move under the Create a Reservation parent menu.
- All custom web menus (i.e., any non-system-generated web menus such as Browse, Create a Reservation, Help, etc.) will move under the Links menu. Administrators can change the sequence of these custom menus and/or move custom menus to the Help menu by changing the web menu configuration (Configuration > Everyday User Applications > Web Menus).
Additional Default Settings
If the existing Default Setup Type for a room does not match a Setup Type configured as In Use, Default Setup Type will revert to (none).
Additional System Changes
TMS and Polycom DLL access will be controlled by both EMS Desktop Client user permissions and licensing. In order for a user to access the desktop client menu for TMS or Polycom settings, an administrator must apply these settings to the user or the user's template under System Administration > Security > Users or User Templates.