The term drawing is used to describe a file (text-based or image file) that you can add to a booking. The file can be stored on your organization's network, or you can create a drawing "on the fly" in the default drawing program on your EMS client and then add it to a booking. Typically, a drawing is a setup diagram of the booking room. You can also detach a drawing from a booking, and view and edit a drawing.
To work with drawings in the Navigator:
- Open the reservation in Navigator.
- In the left pane of the Navigator, expand the folder structure for the reservation until the booking folder is visible, and then select the booking.
- In the right pane of the Navigator, open the Drawing tab.
- Continue to one of the following:
- Click New > Attach. The Drawing dialog opens.
- In the Description field, enter a name or description for the drawing (maximum of 50 characters, including spaces). If you leave this field blank, then the Description field is populated with the name of the file after you attach it to the booking.
- Click Search to open the Find Drawing dialog box, and then browse to and select the drawing. The file name for the drawing displays in the Drawing field.
- Optionally, do one or both of the following:
- If you left the Description field blank, then the name of the attached file is used by default for the file description, and you can edit this if needed.
- Click Spelling to spell check the description before you attach the drawing to the booking.
- Click OK. The drawing is attached to the booking.
Click New > Create. The application you selected as your default drawing application for your EMS client opens, for example, Microsoft Paint.
You specify your default drawing application in your user preferences. See Also: Set User Preferences and Default Values.
Create and save the drawing.
- Select the drawing, or Ctrl-click to select the multiple drawings that you are detaching from the booking.
- Click Detach. A message appears asking you if it is OK to detach the selected drawings.
- Click Yes. The selected drawings are detached from the booking.
- Select the drawing that you are editing, and then click Edit. The Drawing dialog opens.
- Do one or both of the following:
- Edit the description (maximum of 50 characters, including spaces).
- Click the Search icon to open the Find Drawing dialog and scroll to and select a different drawing.
- Optionally, click Spelling to spell check the description before you attach the drawing to the booking.
- Click OK.
Your computer must have the appropriate application installed to view drawings of a specific type. For example, to open a .vsd file that is attached to a booking, Microsoft Visio must be installed on your computer.
- Select the drawing that you are opening, and then click Open. The file opens in the appropriate application.
- Close the application after viewing the drawing, or if the application allows it, edit the drawing as needed, and then save the drawing. The next time you open the drawing in the Navigator, you can see your changes.