As an EMS Desktop Client user, you can manage multiple aspects of your account for a superior user experience.
This section provides information on the following settings:
- Set user preferences and default values
- Change your password
- Reset window coordinates
- Reset column settings
- Define your views
Preferences, like system parameters, are settings that affect the basic functioning of your EMS system. The difference is that system parameters are global settings that affect all users on the system, whereas preferences are applicable only to your user account. You can set the values for many preferences for your EMS instance to better suit your working needs. These preferences include the time interval for Time fields, the size of the paper on which reports, confirmations, and invoices are to be printed, the format in which to send emails from your computer, and the default values for specific fields in the Reservation Wizard and other EMS client windows.
To set user preferences and default values:
On the EMS main menu, click Settings > Preferences.
The Preferences dialog opens on the Preferences tab.
Edit your user preferences as needed.
Close Report Setup After Running Reports
Time Drop Down Interval
The time interval displayed on a Time field (for example, if you select 30 minutes, then options diaplay as 1:00 1:30, 2:00 and so on). All Time fields are 24 hour lists.
The size of the paper on which reports, confirmations, and invoices are printed. Sizes are Letter, Legal, and A4.
Review Notifications When Navigator Opens
If selected, a notification in the Dashboard is automatically marked as “Reviewed” if you select the notification, and then click Go To. If this option is not selected, then you must select a notification, and then click Reviewed to manually mark the notification as “Reviewed.”
Do Not Save Window Coordinates
The format in which your emails are sent—HTML or Plain Text.
Send Emails Using Department Email Address
Select if you want the From email address for all the emails that you send from EMS to be the email address of the department that is associated with your user account.
Use Global Email Settings
If you want to use the global email settings that your EMS administrator has defined, then select this option.
Use Microsoft® Outlook
Contact your EMS administrator for assistance to specify these values.
If you are using SMTP Email settings that are specific to your account, then you also have the option of creating a signature that is to be included in all the emails that you send from EMS. You can design the signature in plain text on the Design tab or in HTML format on the HTML tab. You can always preview the signature on the Preview tab.
Open the Defaults tab, and set the default values for the indicated items.
Time Zone/Display Audit Times in This Time Zone
The values that you select here automatically populate the appropriate fields in the Reservation Wizard, and other EMS client pages.
The event name can be a maximum of 30 characters, including spaces.
Click OK to close the Preferences dialog and apply your edited preferences and default values.
When your EMS administrator first sets up your user account, your password is predefined for you. You can change this password.
To change your password:
- On the EMS main menu, click Settings > Change Password.
The Change Password dialog opens.
- In Old Password, enter your current EMS password.
- In New Password, enter your new password.
- In Re-enter New Password, enter your new password again, exactly as you entered it in New Password.
- Click OK
The next time that you log in to EMS, use your new password.
To reset window coordinates:
- On the EMS main menu, click Settings > Reset Window Coordinates.
- A prompt notifies you that window coordinates have been successfully reset.
To reset column settings:
- On the EMS main menu, click Settings > Reset Column Settings.
- A prompt notifies you that the column settings have been successfully reset.
To define your views:
- On the EMS main menu, click Settings > My Views.
The My Views dialog appears.
- To create a new view, click New.
- Under the View tab, enter a Description and Notes.
- Under the Rooms tab, you can search for rooms by Building or Room Type.
- To search by Room Type, in Room Type, choose a Room. A list appears on the left-hand side of the View page, including the available rooms, description, building, and room type
- To search by Building, in Building, choose a Building. A list appears on the left-hand side of the View page, including the available rooms, description, building, and room type
- Highlight a room and click > to select the room. To select multiple rooms, click >> or << to remove the selected rooms.
- Click the Audit tab to view details on the View, including the date it was added, who it was added by, the date it was changed and who it was changed by.
- Click OK