Configure Everyday User Process Templates
This topic briefly covers the following concepts:
Everyday User – Someone who can request or reserve space and services in any EMS Software application other than EMS Desktop Client. You assign these users to templates.
Everyday User Template – Defines and controls what a user can do. EMS uses two types of everyday user templates:
- Security template – This is essentially a security profile. It controls which menu items are available to the users assigned to the template, which booking information fields display to them, and other information. Previously known as Web Security Templates.
- Process template – This is essentially a booking template. It controls what users can do for different types of reservations (conference room, workspace, study room, and so on). This type of template also controls users' date/time restrictions, room security (reserve, request only, no access), and service availability (A/V, catering, and so on). Previously known as Web Process Templates or Web Templates.
In EMS Enterprise, the guest (unauthenticated user) everyday user process template is always available and you can have an unlimited number of other everyday user process templates. In EMS Professional, the (unauthenticated user) everyday user process template is always available, but you can have only two additional everyday user process templates.
To configure Everyday User Process Templates:
On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Everyday Applications > Everyday User Process Templates. The Everyday User Process Templates window opens on the Everyday User Template tab.
This window lists the process templates that have been defined for your EMS Web App implementation. The pre-defined user called "unauthenticated user" is included in all EMS implementations; you use this template to manage settings for anonymous or “guest” users. For a user to be able to view and use this template, you must assign the user to the template.
To view all everyday user process templates in your EMS database, regardless of status, under Show, click Inactive.
Enter the information for the new everyday user process template as needed.
For more information on the various tabs and settings:
Clear the cache in the EMS Web App whenever parameter changes are made in the EMS Desktop Client.
The Book a Meeting Room configuration dialog box displays. Enter the information for the new everyday user process template as needed. Refer Everyday User Process Template Field Definitions for more information on the tabs in the Book a Meeting Room configuration dialog.
The Request Status field is used to configure booking templates for the "Request/Approval" booking model, in which everyday users request space and administrative users approve those requests (using the Dashboard menu icon). For example, if you set this field to Request, then the booking will not be finalized until an administrator has approved it. If you are configuring a template for booking desks and workspaces or "hoteling," refer Create Templates for Desks and Workspaces.
You can use the Request/Approval Model to Oversee "Managed Space." For more information, refer Configure Managed Space.
In the Everyday User Application Settings section:
- Enable for Web App means enable the template on EMS Web App.
- Enable for Mobile means enable the template for the EMS Mobile App.
- Enable for Outlook means enable the template for the EMS for Outlook add-in, which can override booking rules such that users can book a room that is in conflict. For this situation, you can also configure a system-generated email to be sent to the user if any rooms are not available for dates booked. An additional tab becomes available if you create a template with the option enabled, Outlook Conflict Email.
- Enable Integration to Microsoft Exchange means enable the template for Microsoft® Exchange when your organization does not use EMS for Outlook.
- Click OK.
Make sure that you have defined your everyday users so you can assign them to your everyday templates.