Configure EWS Impersonation for Microsoft® Exchange
The service account requires a mailbox and must be mail enabled. We recommend disabling the password expiration for these accounts.
- Log in to the Office 365® Exchange Administration Center or Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Do one of the following:
- Create a Service Account User within your Office 365 Environment.
- Configure a already migrated account.
- From the navigation tree, select Exchange > Admin Roles.
- In the role group dialog, provide a name for your Role Group (e.g. "EMS_Exchange_Impersonation").
- Under Role, click the + icon to add the "Application Impersonation" Role.
- Under Members, click the + icon and find your Exchange Service Account.
Learn about What is EWS Impersonation?