A Series Reservation is a single reservation that includes multiple bookings. You can search for rooms that are available at a particular time on multiple days to create a series reservation with EMS for Outlook. This section details the creation of a series reservation for a non-video conference meeting. For information about scheduling a video conference meeting, see Create a Video Conference Reservation.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click New Meeting. Specify the subject, attendees, date, and time.
- Click Recurrence.
The Start Time and End Time are designated when you set up the meeting in Outlook. You can edit these values in EMS for Outlook via the date and time fields or later after booking.
- In the Appointment Recurrence dialog, specify the Appointment Time, Recurrence pattern, Range of recurrence, and End by Date. Click OK.
Ensure you set an End Date for the recurrence. EMS for Outlook does not support infinite recurring meetings.
- Click the EMS Room Manager icon in the upper menu bar of Outlook.
- Select a Template from the field (the list contains pre-defined templates set by your System Administrator).
- Select a Room. By default, for a recurring meeting, EMS for Outlook opens in the List view. The List view shows the availability for all rooms. The list will include a Days Available column. This feature allows you to view how many days the space is available during your recurrence date range (e.g., 10/10 days). Click the Select (+) button on the left to select your room. If your room is available for all of your days, continue creating your reservation.
- If the room you selected is not available for all days (e.g., only 8/10 days), the Resolve Conflicts dialog appears. (For example, for a recurrent meeting with 10 meeting dates, Demo Room 06 is available for 8 out of the 10 meeting dates.)
- Choose a location that is available for the remaining dates during your recurrence and click the green Select (+) button.
If the user does not want to choose a room that resolves the conflict, they can skip the resolve conflicts process. Dates that are skipped will not be assigned a room and the location field in the meeting in Outlook will not be populated. The user can review the reservation at a later date and choose rooms for the skipped dates.
- Optionally, click on the Selected Locations tab to view information about the selected room(s), such as Days Available, Location, Floor, Building, Location Type, Capacity, and Attendee Count. If needed, you can click the red Remove button to remove the room for the scheduled event or the Edit button to make changes.
- Optionally, you might be able to request services for the event, supply billing information for the event, and/or answer additional questions about the event. The Services tab might be available for requesting one or more services for the event, such as Catering, A/V Equipment, etc.
- If your series has multiple rooms or start times, click on Select Service Location and Dates.
- Click the service you want to add and provide additional information in the services dialog if required.
- Click Next.
- Select quantity.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click on the Additional Information tab. From this tab, you can edit the Subject, Employee, and Event Type.
- Choose an Event Type.
- From the Selected Locations tab, you can view information about the selected room, including the Floor, the Building in which it is located, its Location Type, Capacity, and the Attendee Count for your event. If needed, you can click the red remove icon to remove the room for the scheduled event so that you can select a different room. Additionally, you can edit the reservation by clicking on the edit icon.
- To add a Skype for Business meeting to your event, click the Skype Meeting icon. The Skype icon will only appear if you have the Skype for Business Add-in enabled.
- Click Send. The selected room is booked in the EMS database. The event is automatically added to your Outlook calendar. The invited meeting attendees receive a standard invitation for the meeting. The invitees accept or decline the meeting invitation as they normally would in Outlook. The EMS Reservation ID is included in the body of the meeting invitation.